Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween

 The Smiths did not make as big a deal out of Halloween this year as usual.  Since the holiday landed on a Sunday, we did not do our door-to-door trick-or-treating.  Instead, we dressed up on Saturday and went to our FANTASTIC ward activity.  The kids ate and played games, then they did trunk-or-treating in the parking lot.  John did not quite get it, but he had a blast.  Mac dressed up as a hunter.  He got very hot in his waders!  Maddie was a zombie.  Ryan was the hulk.  John was Elmo.  Chandler was a Giant.  Jaycee (not pictured) was a queen - I forget now which one.  ??  After the ward party, we went to Grandma's house and then to Grampie's to show off the costumes and get some more candy.  I think the kids all had a nice time.
On the actual night of Halloween we went over to the Stapf's and played games.  Somebody egged their house.  That was no fun!!  We also watched some serious nature videos.  I now know more than I ever wanted to about kangaroos.
After seeing these pictures, I now know I must get a new camera before the next holiday.  Any suggestions?  I want one I can carry with me all the time, nothing fancy - just a reliable nice camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment