Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Uncle Steve's July 2010

We finally made it!  We've been wanting to visit Uncle Steve for ages and we finally got there.  We stayed in a hotel this time, which was much more comfortable for everyone.  We arrived on Thursday evening in time to check in and head out to Joe's Crab Shack.  We LOVE that place.  Maddie and Mac can eat amazing amounts of crab.  Friday morning Uncle Steve had to work, so I took the kids to the De Young Museum.  They have a great exhibit on Impressionist Art from the Museum D'Orsay in Paris.  It was just incredible.  Unfortunately, it was also packed.  I wish I had gotten there earlier.  Ryan and Maddie really enjoyed it and I think got a bit out of it.  Mac was not a fan, and John was tricky.  I couldn't bring in my stroller.  I was really happy to be able to see a Degas up close.  They seem larger than life, but in person they are quite small.  Exquisite, but quite small.

After the museum, we ate a yucky lunch at the De Young Cafe.  If you take your kids there for a trip, pack a lunch.  The food is terrible!  Then we headed back to the hotel for a rest.  Uncle Steve got us in time for dinner at Whole Foods.  Boy oh boy do I wish we had a Whole Foods in town.  Then we went over to see Despicable Me in 3D.  I was able to watch most of the movie, but by the end John had had enough.  

Saturday was a full day!  We got up and packed up and loaded up the car.  We headed out to the Exploratorium first thing.  Man, I love that place!!  We could have spent the whole day there!




I have to say here, that Kayla (Uncle Steve's girl) was a super great sport!!  My kids were great, but definitely not awesome at all times.  Kayla was a lot of fun and super with the kids.
After the Exploratorium, we went to Kayla's for lunch.  She has a very nice apartment.  We attempted naps, but it didn't happen - which was a major bummer.  Next it was off to the zoo.



My kids just adore their Uncle Steve.  I'm so glad as I like him too!!  We had a fantastic time with him.  We ate dinner and the kids were pretty much melting down, so we left quickly.  I'm sure it will be a bit before we get to see him again, so I'm so thankful we had this fun weekend.  Thank you to Steve and Kayla for their hospitality.  We love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment