Monday, December 20, 2010

Nutcracker and Union Square

 Maddie and I drove down to visit Uncle Steve and Kayla.  We went to see the Nutcracker!  I thought it was going to be a family night where the kids got to see the dancers close up, but I goofed and it wasn't. We still had a fabulous time!  We got all dressed up and had room service for dinner.  Then we rode in a taxi to the theater.  We had seats on the balcony.  I wasn't sure how that would go, but it was AWESOME!
 It was really fun to watch from above.  We could see the formation of the dances in a whole new way.  We also got to watch the musicians - which you can't see from the floor.  The dancers were phenomenal!!  Maddie walked out on her toes!!

 The next morning we got up and headed over to Steve and Kayla's to see their Christmas decorations.  Isn't their tree beautiful?
 Then we took Maddie to the Crepe House for breakfast.  She got a crepe filled with Nutella.  I think that's actually dessert.  She got a side of strawberries, too.
 Then we headed to Union Square.  For a bunch of girls who don't really like shopping, we had fun!  Below is the Macy's Christmas Tree.  HUGE!
 After our adventures in SF, we headed to Oakland for some food and some Ikea shopping.  I got some bookcases.  Kayla was the muscle!!
We had a such a blast!  Kayla was a great host!!  The Nutcracker is one of my favorite holiday traditions.  I especially love to see it in San Francisco.  What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment