Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

 Man I am kicking myself for not taking more pictures!!  This year we cooked dinner at our house.  My parents came, my brother Jeff, my grandma, and my Aunt Patti.  Emily came a bit later, but didn't eat dinner.  Spencer was in charge of the turkey.  It was DELICIOUS!!  Oh, man it was good.  He brined it and then barrel roasted it.  I made sweet potatoes with marshmallows, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and carrot cake.  We bought pies from Costco, which got moldy.  Stupid.  My grandma brought rolls from Great Harvest, which weren't very good.  But, she also brought a cherry pie from Marie Callander's that saved the day!  My aunt brought yummy Trader Joe's gravy.  My mom made the cranberry sauce and jello salad.  We had quite the spread!
 Here is the turkey.  It had to be cut in half in order to cook it in the smoker. 
We laid everything out on my counter.  Looking at this picture makes me hungry!  I really wish I had gotten a group shot.  Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment