Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Grandparents Day

Last Friday (May 8th) we enjoyed grandparents day. Grampie Bob, Grandpa Gary and Grandma Susie were all able to come. We started off the day in Maddie's classroom. Her class did a series of small plays. She was in two. She was a racoon (as in the picture), and a field mouse. Her plays happened to be on at the same time as Macky's class performance, so I missed Maddie's. Grandma and Grandpa Wheeler stayed with Maddie and caught it all on video. She did a fantastic job!Maddie is still best friends with Madison. We just love her. I'm so glad that they have been in the same class again. Maddie loves her teacher Mrs. Gobba. She has had a great year with her.
Mac has had a great year as well. He has really made astounding leaps in reading. Mrs. Granicher has a knack for helping him find the right book. I was able to help out this year in both classrooms and really enjoyed it. I was sorry to have to stop! I miss doing spelling with Granicher's kids.
Macky's class joined with several others to put on a square dancing show. It was awesome! They were able to dance in a square, circle, and line! The even had the parents jump in and dance too! I was helping John, so thankfully Alicia pulled Mac into the circle with her. It was so funny to watch him. He complained about having to dance with the girls for a month, but when he was out there, I could tell that he was having fun! I couldn't believe they had so many more boys than girls! Usually it's the other way around.



Friday was a special day at Ryan's school as well. It was Teddy Bear Picnic Day. Since I was busy with Grandparent's Day, Aunt Patti said she's go along with Ryan. He was so excited! He took his teddy bear and lunch box to school. Patti met him there at noon and brought him some lunch. They ate lunch together and listened to the story of the Three Bears. Thank goodness we live in Chico, otherwise I never would have had all of my bases covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment