Sunday, May 2, 2010

Superheroes Unite!

Ryan's birthday party was yesterday.  We had a marvelous time!  I had a lot of fun planning this party.  We had a superhero theme.  The kids came dressed up.  They were welcomed by a huge sign I made that said "Welcome Superheroes!"  Once inside they received their cape.  I cut out the felt capes, my mom sewed on the ribbons, and Shannon embroidered their names on them.  Once dressed, they could go in the backyard and color with chalk on the patio or get their faces painted.
My awesome cousin Emily and her friend Chelsea came and did the painting.  The kids loved it.  Once all of the kids had their faces painted, we went in the backyard again.  Mac, aka Superman, was feeling terrible.  Someone had dumped a bunch of Kryptonite in our backyard.  My little superheroes had to search all over for those green rocks!  Once they found the rocks we had a superhero obstacle course for them.  They ran through cones, punched a blow-up guy, crawled through a tunnel, etc.  When they were finished with the obstacle course, Spencer set up the pinata.  We had a Spiderman pinata filled with Ryan's favorite candy.  Spencer got out the metal bat and the kids went crazy.  We had them really well organized and everyone got some yummy candy.    
Then we went in for ice cream cake.  Ryan picked out cookie dough ice cream with chocolate cake.  It was decorated with Superman on it.  He loved it.  
After cake, the kids went into the living room for presents.  I took a couple of pictures after the presents were opened.  Aren't they a good looking group?



Matt didn't want to be in the group shot, so I took one of him flying solo.  All of this was accomplished in an hour.  !!  So, they had half an hour left to play around in the backyard.  I think they all had a great time.  I know that I did!!  Ryan is really lucky to have such a nice group of buddies, who all have great parents who came and helped out.  A big thanks to everyone who came and helped out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment