Friday, December 27, 2013

Miscellaneous Christmas


We had so much fun at home this Christmas season.  Unfortunately we had a lot of illness, but it was nice to be together - even sick!
Christmas just isn't Christmas without Grandma's sweaters.  She has a bunch of awesome Christmasy sweaters.
I caught Maddie snuggling with John and reading him Christmas stories.  That was my favorite!
Just in case you were worried that Maddie wasn't spending time with horses, she absolutely has been. She's been training a new one.  She's in love!
John and Maddie helped me to make some peanut butter cookies with kisses in the middle.
Christmas morning!  John was so excited about each gift.
The kids were so great with each other - very curious to see what the others got.
The Butte County Library is doing a fundraiser.  You can buy this really cool puzzle for $10.  I believe that the art work was done by a local artist.  We had a lot of fun on Christmas Eve putting it together.
Mac was very happy to get a new iPod for Christmas.  He also loved his Dr. Who loot.  Apparently the shirt I picked out is really funny.  I don't get it.  Lol.
Grandpa scored big points by getting Grandma a new chair.  She was so surprised and excited!!  Doesn't she look comfortable?
Can you tell Mac likes this shirt?  He finally got a hair cut!  I really like it.  He likes it too because it's still long.
To say John loves costumes is an understatement.  This is what he bought with his Christmas money. He LOVES it.  
John and I went on a little date to get smoothies.  He picked it out and wanted to do a puzzle.  So, we took the puzzle that Maddie got him for Christmas.  It was a great lunch!
Somehow I didn't get a picture of Christmas dinner, probably because I was busy cooking and cleaning!  We had a full house and great food.  I am so thankful for the many, many blessings that are represented at our full table.  We are blessed with health, comfort and love.  I'm thankful for the blessings of the gospel and the joy that comes from teaching my children about it and Christ.  I love the Christmas season and I'm sad to see it fading.

No comments:

Post a Comment