Thursday, November 12, 2009

Trip to Visit Uncle Steve

We had a great weekend with Uncle Steve. The pictures are out of order, but hopefully you'll get a feel for our weekend. We drove in to SF around 5:00 pm. I packed in such a way that we only had to make one trip from the car to Steve's apartment if everyone helped. It was really funny to see this line of people hauling suitcases up the stairs to Steve's place. I tried to get a good photo, but I wasn't quite fast enough. After we checked out Steve's awesome new apartment, we went to Joe's Crab Shack, Macky's favorite restaurant. Mac and Maddie shared a bit bucket of crab. They got to wear these funky bibs. It was pretty fun. I think it was everyone's birthday that night, so there was a lot of signing. Then, all of a sudden, music was blasting and people were dancing on the tables. I felt like a party pooper at first, so Maddie and I got up and tried the dance out - not on the table, but on the floor next to the table. It was super fun! When we got back to Steve's we watched a movie and went to bed super late!!
Saturday morning we ate all of Steve's breakfast food and then went to pick up Kayla. Then we were all off to the de Young museum to see the King Tut exhibit. I've been really looking forward to it. It was a bit annoying because they wouldn't let me take in a stroller or my baby bag. Steve and Kayla were really helpful and all of us had sore arms from carrying John around. Kayla even got him to sleep! We paid extra to have the audio tour, which was lame. All of the kids were very good and I had a great time looking at all of those neat artifacts. It was an awesome display! The kids were a bit bored, however, if I'm being honest. But, I'd do it again.
After the museum we ate lunch, bought some kites, and hit the park. The weather was absolutely perfect! I couldn't believe how awesome it was. The kite flying was the kids' favorite part. They all really enjoyed it. We then went back to Steve's for some pizza, brownies, and a movie. We stayed up way too late again!
On Sunday morning I we made some french toast and were off. I wanted to hit the science museum, but I was out voted. We ended up at the park instead. The kids love the climbing equipment at the park and the sand. Steve took the kids on the carousel too. It's a beautiful old carousel - very romantic! We went to lunch at this funky place that Steve saw on TV called Ike's. Steve got this sandwich called the Kriptonite. It was an insane 4 pound sandwich with all sorts of stuff including (but not limited to) mozzarella sticks, jalapeno poppers, onion rings and massive amounts of meat. Kayla and I got "normal" sandwiches. We took them back to Steve's so poor ol' John could get a nap. Steve did a truly amazing job parking (see photo) and we had a nice afternoon at his apartment. When John woke up we packed up and headed back to Chico. It was a super weekend, and I can't wait to do it again!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment