Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Eve 2012

We held our annual New Year's Eve party.  Unfortunately I did not get a single good photo - I was having too much fun!  This photo is from Jake.  For our opening activity we had helium balloons with LED lights inside.  Each family put their wishes, hopes, and/or prayers for the new year inside the balloons.  It was just beautiful.  The kids loved watching their balloons float off and move in a group, like a flowing constellation.
Then we tried to get someone to eat 7 Oreos in a minute.  Impossible.  Then everyone went off in separate directions.  Some kids played ping pong, others legos, k'nex, or blocks, some watched a movie or played games.  The adults ate, and ate, and ate.  We let the kids eat too.  :)  We had cheese fondue and a chocolate fountain.  Chocolate fountains are my new favorite.  We had chicken wings, appetizers, chips, dip, you name it.  YUM!  We all played some Just Dance.  That Dallin beat me!!  I couldn't believe it.  There will be a rematch!!  Then we played Scum.  We had to call Delayne for directions as none of us could remember how to play.  Mark was scum.  Just sayin'.  I was not, nor was I the president - that was Jake.  He had a big move up from last year, he was Scum last year.
We popped poppers at 9 PM to ring in the new year.  We intended to have a nice toast with sparkling cider, but we forgot the toast and just drank the cider.  Ha.  Maybe next year...
I believe a great time was had by all.  I know it was a fantastic night for me and for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment